Saturday, March 26, 2011

VaHomeschoolers 2011 Conference

I spoke today at the VaHomeschoolers 2011 Conference, and I think it went rather well. The room was full, and the audience was great. Many of them were familiar with RPGs, and that made for a lively discussion. One guy in particular at the back of the room had some excellent input about the Dungeons & Dragons Red Box, specifically that it provides a quick and fairly easy way for people new to the hobby to get started.

I showed a minute or two of some video I took of one of my first gaming sessions that involved my kids and the next door neighbors. Some folks wanted to see a bit more. If I can figure out how to split the video up into smaller chunks, I'll post a bit of it on YouTube and then provide a link to it here (the problem I'm having is that the programs I'm trying to import it into to do the editing say I don't have enough disk space. The video is 33 hi-def minutes). So we'll see.

Thanks to everyone who attended and made it such a special session. I really enjoyed it, and I hope at least a few people walked away inspired to give role-playing games a go in their own households.

No comments:

Post a Comment